Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Hyde United Football Club


Match report: Hyde United 0-1 Mickleover Sports

2 years ago By Phil Chadwick

Hyde United are still without a home victory in six months after defeat to a well organised Mickleover Sport side.

The day started with Mickleover in the relegation zone; the newly promoted side only managing five points from their first six games.

On the other hand, despite their fluctuating form, Hyde were sitting in 13th following their impressive victory over title challengers Salford City on Bank Holiday Monday.

Hyde again started slowly, and could have found themselves behind in minutes after a Rickett’s shot from a well worked corner went wide.

Mickleover were lucky to find themselves with 11 men on the pitch after the fifth minute, however.

A lunging tackle from Jack Broadhead on Spencer Harris, who would be subbed off for Harrison as a result, went completely unpunished by referee James Bell.

Mickleover played an incredibly high line all game, and it was nearly exploited from a Hyde goal kick.

Ollerenshaw played the ball downfield with Gray reading the bounce better than Mickleover’s defence. He passed to Spencer instead of going on his own, who slotted the ball past Atkins, but was ruled offside.

It was then Mickleover’s turn to make a poor decision in the box. After a decent cross by Bennett found Dawes. Instead of shooting first time, he tried to take an extra touch, losing possession in the process.

Referee James Bell was again at the centre of controversy, overruling linesman Matthew Bacon’s clear flag for a penalty after Bevin’s appeared to be blatantly fouled.

To make matters worse, Mickleover were awarded a penalty within minutes after Dales was clearly brought down following a good run from midfield.

Anthony Griffith Junior duly converted the penalty making it one-nil to the visitors.

Hyde were in control for large swathes of the second-half, but were unable to turn their dominance into any clear cut chances.

The first fell to Harrison who curled the ball over the crossbar from the edge of the area after Spencer played him in.

Soon after Ellison put a cross across the face of the goal, but no one in red could connect with it.

Mickleover were again lucky to keep 11 men after Bennett made a very poor challenge on Neville. This time Mr Bell produced a yellow card.

Dawes then had two chances to help extend Mickleover’s lead.

The first chance he really should have passed to an unmarked Dales, but decided to go on his own. Moments later Cisse found space in the box, but Dawes’ pass was far too hard for the striker to control.

Hyde’s first shot on target came on the 90th minute through Neville, but Atkins dealt with it well enough, getting down early to save well.

The result incidentally puts Mickleover level with Hyde on eight points, but leaves the Tigers in no doubt that they must sharpen up in front of goal if they are to make an impression on this league.

Where next?

Match Report: Salford City 0-1 Hyde United Sam Fritton's first half goal was enough to separate the two sides at Moor Lane, in a match that saw Hyde pick up their second away win this season.

Sat 14 Jul
First Team Silsden
Pre-season 15:00
Tue 17 Jul
First Team Abbey Hey
Pre-season 19:30
Sat 21 Jul
First Team Clitheroe
Pre-season 15:00

Team sponsors


Club sponsors